Piezo Source has a team of engineers and scientists able to meet with collaborators and translate their requirements into engineering specifications and designs. Because Piezo Source is a vertically integrated business, we are able to realize designs into manufactured product. Our suite of design tools includes CAD realization, finite element modeling (FEM), and advanced waveform modeling. Piezo Source can design, manufacture, and functionally test alpha and beta prototypes to ensure that the designs have the required performance characteristics and the desired stability and long term reliability. Piezo Source offers a complete turnkey solution from design to prototype to manufactured product to packaging to direct shipping to your customers.
Piezo Source has a team of scientists and engineers whose educational and industrial backgrounds includes radio communication, medical devices and diagnostics, electronics manufacturing, natural and physical sciences, chemical engineering and computer sciences. It is the diversity of the team’s industrial and educational background that makes Piezo Source a great fit for understanding your application and designing piezoelectric devices to fit your needs and those of your customers and collaborators. Piezo Source’s hands on approach to engineering, science, and data gathering means we can quickly understand your application, and therefore design products specific to your application. >Piezo Source can also validate the designs and realize products against your applications and collect the necessary validation data including:
Meteorology – Level sensing, flow velocity, turbulence, etc.
Voice recognition – Speech-aware applications and dictation work flow.
Audio applications – Personal and public address sytems, speaker design.
Ultrasound applications – Sonochemistry, ultrasonic cleaning, acoustic microscopy, etc.
Therapeutic applications – Antibacterial application, drug delivery, etc.
Energy harvesting – Harvesting vibrational energy
Speaker and Tweeter Array
Piezo Source designs, tests and manufacturers speaker and tweeter arrays for our customers and collaborators. These piezo speaker arrays are purpose built assemblies where a group of our exceptionally high quality speakers are precisely positioned and with each speaker’s phase accurately controlled; the intensity and direction of the acoustic signal can be controlled depending on the customers requirements. Piezo Source is experienced in custom-designs and manufacturing of piezo speaker arrays for multiple applications including:
- Wind Speed and Turbulence Detection Devices, including SODAR.
- Deterrence Weapons and Crowd Dispersion Technologies.
- Medical Ultrasonic Imaging and Therapies.
The features and benefits of Piezo Sources speaker and tweeter arrays are:
- Piezo Source’s unique bimorph design, is capable of delivering audible and ultrasound signals with broad spectrum, high efficiency, high reliability and high power.
- Constructive interference allows ultrasound signal to be concentrated in a narrow beam.
- Manipulation of phases of each speaker allows changing the direction of the beam.
- Adding ultrasound “carrier” signal to audible sound allows much more focused sound signal along desired direction.
- Piezo Source manufactures the speakers in our arrays, and so we have full control over the quality and performance of each individual speaker.
Serialization and Data Collection
By uniquely serializing each unit and making available through the cloud the test data for every speaker, Piezo Source guarantees the performance of every product sold.